This is an even easier recipe to try out than Mary Berry's Simple Pancake Recipe in a previous blog post. But this one is slightly healthier and a good alternative if you want to take it steady with your pancakes this year! There's only 2, well 3, ingredients - one banana, two eggs. That's it. Plus a little bit of coconut oil to cook them in. So are you ready? Grab your tea towel, worktop saver and serving plates and let's flip these healthy, tasty pancakes for family, friends and loved ones.
- 1 ripe banana, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, for cooking
- Fresh raspberries, for serving
- 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt, for serving
1) Place the chopped banana and eggs in a blender and blend until smooth.
2) Heat a small non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the coconut oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
3) Once the pan is hot, pour ⅓ of the batter into the pan, forming a small circle. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes, or until bubbles appear on the surface and the edges begin to set.
5) Place your cooked pancakes on one of your favourite (preferably Jin Designs animal-themed) side plate.
6) Dollop with Greek yogurt and top with fresh raspberries.
7) If this is all too healthy for you, drizzle with a touch of maple syrup or honey, sprinkle with chopped nuts or additional berries for an extra taste treat.
8) Or if that's still too healthy, just cover with nutella and lashings of fresh, whipped cream. Yum! That's probably more like it!
Shop the Look
Serve your delicious and healthy pancakes on a charming animal-themed plate! Whether you choose Hedgie or Blue Tit or one of the Cats, these side plates add style and charm to your pancake-filled table.
I hope you enjoy making these pancakes. Let me know how you get on - tag @jindesigns or use #jindesigns and share your creations!
Amateur Cook / Designer / Founder of Jin Designs