Time to offer you this fun step-by-step creative egg decorating activity. Decorating Eggs is traditional and easy to do. You do not need to be a great artist to create colourful eggs. Follow our guide and you and your family can all contribute and then display your efforts around your home.
You will need:
- Fresh eggs
- Safety Pin
- Cocktail stick
- Decorating items (felt tips/permanent markers/ paint/ glitter/and any materials of your choice to decorate)
1. How to blow the eggs. Carefully pierce the egg by pushing a pin or safety pin in at either end.
Tip. Try to make the hole at the base (widest end) of the egg, large enough to fit a cocktail stick through. Push the cocktail stick into the egg to break the yolk, twist it around a few times then remove the stick.
2. Next. Hold the egg over a clean bowl with the larger hole pointing downwards and press the straw over the smaller hole at the top and blow into the straw. The air will push the egg yolk and white out of the shell into the bowl below. It takes a while to get going so be patient! Once out cover the egg and pop in the fridge to use in cooking or baking.
3. Then. Once the egg feels empty, hold it gently under warm running water and wipe with kitchen paper and leave to dry. Once it is completely dry, you’re ready to decorate!
4. Now. You can decorate with paint, pens, glitter, or whatever takes your fancy. If you are using glitter, you’ll need some glue. For a simple, yet effective finish, dip the base of the egg in glue and then in glitter, and leave upside down in an eggcup to dry.
5. Finally. For ideas, try drawing each other. Family caricatures. Or your pets. Or even have a go at decorating your egg like the Easter Bunny.
Good luck! Don't forget to share your creations on social channels - and tag in @jindesigns